Collins Gem Mandarin Chinese Dictionary: English-Chinese & Chinese-English
- Same day dispatch, plus free UK postage!
- 3rd edition
- This new edition has been specially designed to meet the needs of learners of both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- A clear layout, up-to-date coverage of everyday words and phrases, and a handy travel supplement make this dictionary the ideal portable companion.
- Written for all those learning Mandarin Chinese or English for study or for travel.
- It is the ideal text for anyone who needs a wealth of reliable information in a portable format.
- Contains all the everyday words and phrases used in today’s Chinese and English that you will need to know, with a practical supplement for travellers.
- This dictionary offers extra help with essential vocabulary, and thousands of useful phrases to guide you to the correct translation.
- To help with the pronunciation of Chinese words, the dictionary includes Pinyin for all Chinese headwords, translations, phrases and examples.
- Pinyin is the official phonetic system for transcribing Chinese characters into the Roman alphabet, and is accepted in all Chinese-speaking countries.
- In addition, the dictionary also includes both simplified and traditional or complex Chinese characters.
- Simplified characters are generally used in mainland China and Singapore, while traditional characters are mainly used in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
- The radical index is a clear guide to looking up Chinese characters, helping the user to navigate the dictionary and find Chinese characters without knowing their pronunciation.
Published in 2016, paperback, 672 pages, 11.5 x 8.5 cm.
Publisher - Collins
Dictionaries suitable for everyday reference that are ideal for school use, specially selected by us.