Collins Mandarin Chinese Pocket Dictionary: English-Chinese & Chinese-English
- Same day dispatch, plus free UK postage!
- 4th edition
- This new edition offers the user up-to-date coverage of today’s Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Clear layout and presentation of information makes it ideal for learners of both languages.
- Designed for those studying both English and Mandarin Chinese, whether at school, for work or for travel.
- It is the ideal text for anyone who needs reliable information in a handy, portable format.
- Offers up-to-date coverage of Mandarin Chinese and English, with thousands of phrases and examples guiding the user to the most appropriate translation.
- To help with the pronunciation of Mandarin Chinese words, the dictionary includes pinyin for all Chinese headwords, translations, phrases and examples.
- Pinyin is the official phonetic system for transcribing Chinese characters into the Roman alphabet, and is accepted in all Chinese-speaking countries.
- In addition, the dictionary also includes both simplified and traditional or complex Chinese characters.
- Simplified characters are generally used in mainland China and Singapore, while traditional characters are mainly used in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
- The radical index is a clear guide to looking up Chinese characters, helping the user to navigate the dictionary and find Chinese characters without knowing their pronunciation.
- A practical supplement covers correspondence in Chinese and English, including sample letters, emails and CVs.
Published in 2017, paperback, 680 pages, 15 x 11 cm.
Publisher - Collins
Dictionaries suitable for everyday reference that are ideal for school use, specially selected by us.